Meeting time and location: Sunday, January 29 from 3:30-5:00 PM at the Carnegie-Stout Public Library in the Aigler Auditorium (third floor; ADA accessible). Please consider arriving between 3:00 and 3:15 to allow time for informal conversation prior to the start of the meeting at 3:30. Cookies will be provided!
1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Presentation and Small Group Discussions: What Do We Stand For?
3. DDS Organizing Committee Co-Chair Update
4. Reports from the Standing Committees: Education (Christine Darr); Media (Naomi Clark); Politics and Electoral Action (Nick Agan); Advocacy (Melanie Race); Solidarity Economics (Evelyn Nadeau or Chris Lammer-Heindel); Events (TBD)
5. Open discussion of the proposed Constitution and Bylaws; possible ratification by dues-paying members of DSA. (Note: if you would like to review the Constitution and Bylaws in advance, please send a request to Dubuque.DSA@gmail.com.)
6. Populating ad hoc committees and standing committees to begin work on immediate (short-term) goals and initiatives.
7. DSA (National) Announcements