Please join us for a Regular Meeting on January 8, 2018 from 5:30-7:30 PM at the Carnegie-Stout Public Library Auditorium. This meeting will consider important business that must be attended to in advance of the annual General Meeting, which will be held on January 28. Child supervision will be provided during the meeting, so please bring your kiddos!
We will have buttons ($3 suggested donation) and 2018 DDS Calendars ($10 suggested donation) available at the meeting. We will also be taking donations to cover the cost of the room reservation.
January 8 Regular Meeting Agenda
Programming (5:35-6:00): Cameron Macaw-Hennick from Cathy Glasson’s campaign
Meeting to commence at approximately 6:00 PM.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of October Minutes (sent to members via email; please review in advance)
- Steering Committee Report
- Signing with Socialists karaoke night and 2018 Calendar fundraisers
- Political Endorsements (see Resolutions in New Business, below)
- Desire to Amend the DDS Constitution and Bylaws (see New Business, below)
- Old Business
- Update on plan to host screening of Pride (N. Clark or A. Kruse)
- The Dubuque Renters’ Union, actions to date (C. Lammer-Heindel)
- New Business
- Approval of Nominations Committee (the Steering Committee asked N. Clark, B. Darr, and K. Kerper to tentatively assume responsibilities until approval by the body)
- Amendments to the DDS Constitution and Bylaws (view proposed changes) – first vote
- Propose structure of the General Meeting: second vote on amendments to precede elections
- Resolution 2017.008 to Endorse Cathy Glasson for Governor
- Resolution 2017.009 to Endorse Courtney Rowe for Iowa’s 1st Congressional District
- Resolution 2017.010 to Support the Campaign for Dubuque Municipal Internet
- Discussion and announcements from the floor (anyone wishing to speak will be granted at least 3 minutes)
Members of DDS will be socializing after the meeting (downtown location to be determined). Please join us for informal discussion and camaraderie!