This is a recorded adaptation of an hour-long talk by Ben Darr at the DDS’s Free School in May 2017. It’s a primer on socialism and why it is needed now more than ever. Use PowerPoint to play it with audio.
The following position papers come from Democratic Socialists of America’s national office:
- The Gender Pay Gap: This article from 2012 addresses the issue of women receiving less pay for similar work than men.
- Women’s Health and Reproductive Justice: This article, from 2013, offers a socialist perspective on issues of women’s health, particularly as it relates to reproductive freedom.
- Student Debt and Capitalism: This article contextualizes the intersection of student debt with capitalism.
- Student Debt FAQ
- The Minimum Wage: From Barely Tolerable to Basically Criminal: This article discusses how the minimum wage has evolved over the years and how it is an unlivable wage.
- Poverty: This is a broad overview of poverty, with FAQs from a socialist perspective.
- Corporate Taxation: This is a Q&A that details the inherent injustice of the current corporate tax laws.
- Income Taxes: This Q&A details DSA’s position on income taxes.
- Justice for Immigrant Workers: This article explains the oppression of immigrant workers and offers solutions to the problem from a socialist perspective.